Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dump Whatever You Have on Hand in a Pot Pasta Sauce!

I felt like getting crafty for lunch today...because it's saturday, we're bored, and we're hungry! So I decided to make a big pasta dish because I had a few veggies on hand I really needed to use before they went bad! You can mix this recipe up with whatever veggies you have on hand. Here is what I had:

1 Bunch Carrots chopped
8 Roma tomatoes chopped
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 package mushrooms sliced
1 handful basil chopped
long drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and pepper
1 lb bowtie pasta

Directions:
Cut up all the veggies, dump them in the pot, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn stove burner on medium low and stir in a long drizzle of olive oil. Let simmer about an hour.

Cook the pasta and throw in the pot when it's done and you're ready to serve. I also had some broccoli on hand today so I threw that in the pasta water and let cook about 2 minutes, drizzled with olive oil, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Yummy
Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment